Troubleshooting: Cannot Access BDRSuite Server Web Console Due to Cookie Issues
Unable to log in to the BDRSuite Server web console due to browser session cookies not being set.
This error occurs when attempting to log in to the BDRSuite Backup Server web console from a browser, and cookies cannot be created for various reasons, including:
1. Insufficient disk space.
2. Insufficient session creation permissions (applicable to Linux).
3. Browser cookie settings.
4. Use of Internet Explorer (applicable to BDRSuite version 5.2 or lower).
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Insufficient Disk Space:
Execute the following command on your machine to check disk space:
wmic logicaldisk get deviceid, size, freespace
Use the command:
2. Insufficient Session Creation Permissions (Linux only):
Ensure that the `/home/vembubdr/Vembu/VembuBDR/sgchroot/tmp` folder has the necessary permissions for session creation.
3. Browser Not Enabled to Accept Cookies:
Set your browser to allow cookie creation by following these steps for Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- In the Privacy & Security panel, go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Enter the URL of the BDRSuite Backup Server web console and click "Allow." Then, click OK to save.
4. IE Browser (Applicable to BDRSuite Version 5.2 or Lower):
Configure Internet Explorer as follows:
- Click on the Tools icon in the browser and select Internet Options.
- In the Privacy tab, choose the Advanced option under the settings menu.
- Select "Accept" for First-party and Third-party cookies.
- Enable the "Always allow session cookies" checkbox, then click OK to save.
After completing these steps, refresh the BDRSuite Backup Server URL and log in to your backup server with your username and password.