Unable to Access Datastore in Source ESXi/vCenter Server in BDRSuite Backup Server/ BDRSuite Client
This knowledge base article addresses the issue of being unable to access the datastore within the source ESXi/vCenter Server environment in the context of BDRSuite Backup Server/ BDRSuite Client. The problem can arise from various scenarios including inaccessible storage for VM configuration files, detachment of datastores from the ESXi/vCenter Server (either manually or due to network issues), and lack of ESXi/vCenter Server access to the relevant datastore.
This issue can occur due to the following scenarios:
1. Inaccessibility of VM configuration file storage.
2. Detachment of datastores from the ESXi/vCenter Server, whether manually or due to network problems.
3. ESXi/vCenter Server's inability to access the relevant datastore.
To address this issue, follow these steps:
1. Ensure Datastore Attachment:
- Verify that the datastore is properly attached to the ESXi/vCenter Server.
- Attempt to run the backup operation again.
2. Check Progress:
- Monitor the progress of the backup operation to ensure it proceeds successfully.
Note: Ensuring proper datastore attachment and monitoring the backup operation's progress are essential steps in resolving the "Unable to Access Datastore" issue. Following these steps should help mitigate the problem and enable successful backup operations.