Source Disk Order / Volume GUID Change Causing Incremental Backup Failure in BDRSuite Disk image Image backups
KB ID: 103002
Incremental backup schedules may fail for Disk image backups in BDRSuite when the source disk order or Volume GUID has been altered between incremental backups. This can occur under the following scenarios:
- Dual booting multiple copies of Windows that access the same drive.
- Using a volume on a shared disk in a cluster where multiple nodes have accessed the volume.
- Moving the disk hosting the volume from one computer to another.
- In a SAN environment where the volume was assigned to multiple instances of Windows.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Revert any changes made in disk management that may have altered the source disk order or Volume GUID.
- Try scheduling the backup job again to check if the backup result is successful.
If the issue persists:
- Delete the previously configured backup job.
- Configure a new backup job with the correct source disk. This will enable the Vembu ImageBackup client to track the changes made on the disk and ensure a successful backup without any issues.
Backup Failure Due to Altered Source Disk Order
KB ID: 103005 Details: BDRSuite utilizes its proprietary image backup driver to track block-level changes in the disk designated for backup. When taking incremental backups, a "Backup failed as the source disk order is altered" error may occur if the ...
Volume without a Drive Letter Causes Incremental Backup Failure
KB ID: 103001 Issue: When attempting to perform Disk image incremental backups with BDRSuite, the process fails, displaying the error message: 'Volume without drive letter cannot be backed up incrementally. Incremental backup failed Cause: The ...
Resolving Backup Issues: Verify Correct Source Volume Size
KB ID: 103006 Cause: Changes to the source disk, such as extending or shrinking it, can lead to backup schedule failures. Solution: To address this issue, perform an additional full backup for the affected backup schedule. The BDRSuite client is ...
Disk Image Backup Suspension After v7.0 Upgrade in BDRSuite Client
KB ID: 103095 Error: After upgrading to v7.0 from a lower version, Disk Image backups from the old version will be automatically suspended. When attempting to resume these backups from the web console, an alert with the code "KB:103095 Disk image ...
Source Might Be Altered
KB ID: 64 Cause: The Image backup job may fail with the error message "Source might be altered. Please check if the source disk order is correct." This error occurs when the GUID of a volume has been changed after configuring the disk image backup. ...