The release of BDRSuite v5.6.0, brings a host of new features and enhancements to the BDRSuite backup and recovery software. This version focuses primarily on centralization, providing greater stability and ease-of-use for administrators. With the latest version of BDRSuite, users can now add multiple servers and endpoints (Windows, Linux, and Mac) as data sources by importing machine details from AD/LDAP servers. The new features include centralized backup management for Mac endpoints, and much more. All these features aim to provide a more streamlined, efficient, and user-friendly backup experience. For more information about the new features and enhancements in BDRSuite v5.6.0, check the following details.
New Features in BDRSuite v5.6.0
Add Servers and Endpoints through AD/LDAP Server
The BDRSuite Backup Server now lets users to add multiple servers (Windows, Linux ) and endpoints (Windows, Linux & Mac) as data sources. This is done by importing machine details from the AD/LDAP servers. With this feature, multiple machines can be managed for backup and recovery from a single console on the backup server.
Centralized Backup Management for Mac
With the latest version of BDRSuite, backup configuration and restore of Mac endpoint is now more straightforward. Instead of using separate clients, administrators can configure and manage backups directly from a centralized backup server. This not only simplifies the management process but also eliminates the need for separate clients.
Backup Windows machines directly from Linux BDRSuite Backup Server
With the Linux BDRSuite Backup Server, users can now directly manage the backup and restore functions of the Microsoft Windows (Disk Image Backup). This integration simplifies the process by eliminating the need for separate clients, and managing all backups and restores from a single interface.
Backup Job Template for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups
The BDRSuite now offers backup job template feature that allows users to create backup job templates while configuring file server backup (Windows, Linux) and endpoints backup (Windows, Linux, and Mac) . This feature helps to eliminate the need for repeatedly configuring backup options such as scheduling, retention, and exclusion each time while creating a backup job for the respective entities. With this feature, users can create backup job templates based on their organization’s policy and use them when creating backup jobs for respective workloads.
Multi-tenancy support for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups
Using this feature, MSPs and IT admins can now group the selected servers and endpoints to create a separate tenant with Read-Only or Restore-Only permission. This feature now supports Endpoints (Windows, Linux, and Mac), Servers (Windows, and Linux) along with other workloads.
Enhancements in BDRSuite v5.6.0
- Users can now schedule an on-demand incremental backup for a specific host(s)/VM(s) and failed host(s)/VM(s) in a backup job.
- List of all Protected Host(s)/VMs in the BDRSuite Backup Server for Host/VM level backup and direct restore.
- Microsoft 365 backup support for permanently deleted mails and litigation hold items.
- Users can now choose the Azure Environment (Azure Default Cloud, Azure US Government clouds, Azure China) while adding Microsoft 365 Organization.
- Users can now add Microsoft 365 Organization with Certificate Based MS Graph API authorization instead of Application secret Key.
- End-user self-recovery via BDRSuite’s MS Outlook addon and end-user login for SaaS application backup.
- Deleted items retention handling for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and SharePoint Sites.
- Backup speed optimization for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and SharePoint Sites.
- Where-it-left-off feature support for Microsoft 365 user mailbox.
- Backup parallel limit & queue/retry mechanism for endpoints.
- Users can now search for specific Backup/ VMs from the reports page (Recent Job Schedule, Recent Host/VM Schedule reports, etc.)
- Enhanced filter option in List Jobs / Recovery pages to search in name of backups, and filter by the status of backup (active, idle, etc.)
- End-user restore based on Online Authorization for SaaS applications.