The release of BDRSuite v5.3.0, comes with a range of new features and improvements to our BDRSuite Backup Server. Our latest release allows you to perform file server and endpoints backup configured directly from the backup server and adding Azure Blob as object storage to store the backup data in cloud. Additionally, we have integrated Active Directory to make user management more streamlined. Read on for more details on these new features.
New Features in BDRSuite v5.3.0
File Server Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
You can now add Windows and Linux file servers to the Data Source and configure file/ folder level backups from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The backup agents can automatically be pushed from the backup server or manually installed on the required servers. This feature allows you to manage the backup & recovery of a large number of machines from the centralized BDRSuite Backup Server.
Endpoint Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
Now, you can configure file/ folder Backup of many Windows & Linux Endpoints directly from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The agents can be manually installed on the target system or pushed automatically. Also, you can add multiple endpoints in bulk using the CSV file.
Azure Blob as Backup Repository
Primary backup data and backup copy data can now be stored in Azure Blob storage directly. This option is available in both the BDRSuite Backup and Offsite DR Servers.
Active Directory Integration
BDRSuite Server now integrates with Active Directory for user management. You can import and add AD/LDAP users to the BDRSuite Backup Server and grant them different levels of access to the BDRSuite Backup Server.
Integrity Check on VMware ESXi Server
You can now run the automated boot test on VMware ESXi hosts to confirm the recoverability of the backup machines.
Enhancements in BDRSuite v5.3.0
- Backup data retention for deleted/excluded VMs.
- Performance improvements in the server rebuild process.
- Backup support for the Microsoft 365 accounts enabled with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Parallel backup processing of Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace users.
- Option to exclude Microsoft 365 mailbox folders from backup.
- Breadcrumbs view for SharePoint site & Teams data restore.
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in EML format.
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in MBOX format.
- Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace mail recovery based on time range.
- Search option for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace emails during the restore.
- Initiate PST export for multiple Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace user’s mail data in parallel.
- Logs download for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace backups.
- Enhanced backup progress window for Google Workspace backup.
- Tree view for Google Drive data restore.
- Enhanced report for Google Workspace backups.